- ‘Bad Words’ Red-Band Trailer: Jason Bateman’s Directorial Debut
- Doro Pesch Unveils Signature Wines
- Celebrate Whisky A Go Go’s 50th Anniversary
- Ben Whishaw to Play Freddie Mercury in Queen Biopic
- Legacy X Supergroup To Release Debut Album Via Frontiers Records
- House Of Lords To Release ‘Precious Metal’ In February
- Joe Satriani, Paul Gilbert, Andy Timmons, And Mike Keneally To Take Part In ‘G4 Experience’
- Monster Magnet Mainman’s Illness Forces Concert Cancellations
- Rock Confidential’s Top 15 Albums Of 2013
- Metallica Sets World Record By Performing Concerts On All Seven Continents In Under A Year
Dave Rude Band – The Key
Guitarist Dave Rude has been a member of Tesla since 2006, though still known as ‘the new guy’ to fans he’s a seasoned musician that landed the gig due to his stellar play and vocal abilities. Rude has been recording, touring relentlessly with Tesla since he joined the band seven years ago.
Dave found the time to write and record a solo record with his band–which he founded prior to joining Tesla. The band is simply called Dave Rude Band and they play blue collar rock ‘n’ roll with a contemporary twist. What Rude is doing on The Key is reminiscent of Joe Walsh’s James Gang, if that band was formed in 2013. There are classic rock influences, there are country influences and there are contemporary rock and pop influences.
While The Key isn’t ground breaking or innovative it’s a fun record that features hard rocking tunes like the opener “The Key” to the country rock ballad “On My Own Again” which sounds akin to something you’d hear on a Keith Urban record to the blistering closing track “Charlie Mansion.” You want variety? It’s in there. Did I mention that Rude also tackles the Peter Gabriel pop classic “Sledgehammer?” He stripped it down and plays it with a fire and urgency of a bar band duking out on the bar circuit. Looking for a no frills rock ‘n’ roll record? Then look no further than The Key by Dave Rude Band. Dave Rude sings like he plays guitar, with attitude and swagger.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.