- Lariyah Daniels from Hessler
- John Norum, Alice Cooper and Joey Tempest at The Fundraiser in Las Vegas
- Butcher Babies Set For Hellpop, Shiprocked And Sevendust Tour
- Hessler – Coast To Coast Tour – California – December 5, 2013
- Machine Head’s Robb Flynn On Next CD: ‘It Needs To Be A Timeless Album’
- Airbourne – 02 Academy – Newcastle – December 4, 2013
- Doro To Be Joined By Udo Dirkschneider, Hansi Kursch, Mille Petrozza At 30th-Anniversary Shows
- In This Moment – Whore
- ‘Rock Confidential All Access’ Book
- Danko Jones – Legs
Rush Hopes For More Prog Rock In Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame
According to The Pulse Of Radio, the members of RUSH hope that their induction into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame on Thursday night (April 18) will pave the way for more progressive and heavy rock acts to get inside the doors. Bassist Geddy Lee said, “I hope this means other great bands like YES will follow suit. DEEP PURPLE was on the ballot this year, and I was hoping they’d get in with us. We wouldn’t be the band we are without DEEP PURPLE‘s existence.”
Guitarist Alex Lifeson added that he hoped RUSH‘s long-awaited inclusion “opens the doors for bands like the MOODY BLUES and KING CRIMSON . . . it’s odd to have (a Hall Of Fame) where there seem to be guidelines for who’s acceptable and who’s not.”
Dave Grohl and Taylor Hawkins of FOO FIGHTERS will induct RUSH at the 28th annual Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction ceremony, which will held at the Nokia Theater L.A. Live. It will be broadcast on HBO on May 18.
Lee told Rolling Stone that he’s happy that the fans that have wanted the honor for RUSH have finally achieved their goal. “It’s a terrific honor and we’ll show up smiling,” he said. “It made my mom happy, so that’s worth it. . . It was a cause they championed. I’m very relieved for them and we share this honor with them, for sure.”
Original story source: Read Here.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.