- Butcher Babies Announce Release Of Debut Album
- Dave Mustaine: Universal Spent More On Photo Shoot Than Roadrunner Did On Any Video
- Alex Skolnick: Jeff Hanneman’s Passing Is ‘A Tragic Reminder’
- Geddy Lee Says Rock Hall Induction ‘Was Quite An Emotional Evening’
- Jerry Cantrell Discusses Making Of ‘The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here’
- VH1 Classic’s ‘That Metal Show’ Returns For 12th Season
- Wolfmother Frontman To Release Solo Album
- Corey Taylor: ‘It’s Starting To Feel Like It’s Time’ For Slipknot
- Sammy Hagar – Lake Tahoe Casino – Stateline, NV – May 4, 2013
- 90-Year-Old Legend Christopher Lee Releases ‘Full-On Heavy Metal’ Album
Rikki Rockett’s ‘American Drums’ Reality Show Coming Soon
Rikki Rockett, drummer of multiplatinum rock band POISON, is out to prove that “drums do come true” on his new reality show, “American Drums”.
For nearly a decade, Rockett has been building custom drum kits for clients ranging from modern-day legends of rock, to future rockers-in-training. He and his rag tag gang of misfit staffers at Rockett Drum Works not only create some of the most jaw-dropping ultra-custom kits in the world, but are the only drum-kit makers who can boast 100% American-made product.
On “American Drums”, Rockett gives viewers an all-access pass into the gritty world of rock and roll craftsmen — from his oddball staff and their hard-to-impress clientele to the high-tech drum designs themselves.
“Making drums of this caliber is not easy,” says Rockett. “It takes precision, artistry, and craftsmanship. My crew has all three.” He continues, “If I’m being totally honest, when we deliver kits to the clients, it never ceases to amaze me we’re able to hit aggressive deadlines and budgets when I see the lunatics running the asylum back at my shop. But we’ve never messed up an order — yet.”
Among the drummers playing Rockett Drum Works kits are former SKID ROW/SAIGON KICK drummer Phil Varone, ex-GUNS N’ ROSES drummer Steven Adler , Jamie Follese from the new emo band HOT CHELE RAE on Jive Records, and Troy Patrick Farrell from WHITE LION.
Started by Rockett in 2005, Rockett Drum Works constructs drums built at the company’s facility in Southern California by drummers. The company states, “All of the Rockett Drum Works staff are caring, highly skilled drummers and craftsman. We play what we build and we stand by what we build. Our goal is to offer something special to the player who wants something other than the typical ‘off-the-rack’ drums. Something that makes a statement. Something that reflects you, the player. No matter if you are a rock, punk, jazz or a country artist, Rockett Drum Works has drums that will match your playing style.
“Rockett Drum Works prides itself on producing fully custom drums. We not only cater to individuals, we also cater to shops who seek to carry a line that no one else on the market has. We basically will custom-create a line for your shop.”
“American Drums” is currently being shopped to networks, so be on the lookout for more drums — and more drama — in 2013.
Original story source: Read Here.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.