- A Photo Tribute To Slayer’s Jeff Hanneman
- Scott Weiland Says Chester Bennington-Fronted Band Is ‘Not Stone Temple Pilots’
- Scott Weiland Sued By Stone Temple Pilots
- Butcher Babies Announce Release Of Debut Album
- David Draiman Says Disturbed Will Return
- Dave Mustaine: Universal Spent More On Photo Shoot Than Roadrunner Did On Any Video
- Alex Skolnick: Jeff Hanneman’s Passing Is ‘A Tragic Reminder’
- Geddy Lee Says Rock Hall Induction ‘Was Quite An Emotional Evening’
- Jerry Cantrell Discusses Making Of ‘The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here’
- VH1 Classic’s ‘That Metal Show’ Returns For 12th Season
Nikki Sixx Teams With Dean Markley
Dean Markley USA today announced the release of the new Nikki Sixx Helix HD SS bass strings. This collaboration with MÖTLEY CRÜE bassist Nikki Sixx offers the exact string type and gauges he uses on stage. The Nikki Sixx strings are constructed of stainless steel alloy and feature new Helix patent-pending hyper-elliptical windings. As Nikki puts it: “Dean Markley puts the bite back in the bass sound.”
With over a year of research and development, the Helix string uses a precise elliptical shape for the winding wire. The shape then had to be paired with the correct winding process. The hyper-elliptical winding process results in an increased number of wraps along the length of the string. This increases the mass of the string without changing its diameter or material. More mass makes a fuller tone; more windings give a smoother feel as well as a brighter, more resonant tone. Additional benefits of the hyper-elliptical windings are a relaxed feel and less unwanted noise. The strings are designed to last much longer without sacrificing tone and performance.
What makes the Nikki Sixx signature set unique is his choice of custom gauges:
* First String: .050
* Second String: .070
* Third String: .090
* Fourth String: .110
MSRP: $49.50 USD
For more information visit www.DeanMarkley.com.
Original story source: Read Here.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.