- ‘Rock Confidential All Access’ Book
- Chris Cornell’s wife Vicky in a bikini
- Sharon Osbourne Slams ‘Weak’ Brother As A Money Grabber
- 40 Reasons To Like Jordan Carver On Facebook
- Jizzy Pearl Completes Laying Down Vocal Tracks For New Quiet Riot CD
- Why Not Dropping Movie & TV Spoilers is a Courtesy (Not a Rule)
- Stern Pinball Releases AC/DC ‘Luci’ Premium Game
- Surviving Members Of Classic Vixen Lineup Resurrect Band In Honor Of Fallen Guitarist
- Jim Root To Sit Out Stone Sour Tour In Order To Focus On Slipknot’s Next Album
- Van Halen Has More Unreleased Material In Vaults, Says Bassist
Lordi ‘The Riff’ Single Artwork Unveiled
Finnish heavy metal monsters LORDI will release their new album, “To Beast Or Not To Beast”, on March 1 in Europe (excluding Finland) via AFM Records. The CD will be made available in North America on March 19 through The End Records. The album’s first single, “The Riff”, will be issued on February 9. You can see the single cover artwork below.
“To Beast Or Not To Beast” was recorded last fall at WireWorld Studio in Nashville, Tennessee with renowned producer Michael Wagener (METALLICA, OZZY OSBOURNE, SKID ROW, DOKKEN, RAVEN, MEGADETH). The CD marks the recording debut of LORDI‘s new members, keyboardist Hella (replacing Awa) and drummer Mana (replacing Otus).
“The road to this album has truly been paved by hardships,” LORDI leader Mr. Lordi says. “However, the new lineup of the band has given us new and fresh touch and an energetic edge to the recording process, and to the album itself.”
He added: “The album cover painting is actually a part of a larger picture. The original artwork had this vintage-styled lady holding a horned skull, which, however, was not the main point of the art piece. There was something not quite right with the setting, so I made experiments with various versions and framings. Album title was ‘Upgradead’ at that point in time, and the painting was done with that title in mind. But now, with a changed concept of the artwork, the title did not seem to fit anymore. We did not consider it an A-class name either. Our guitarist Amen came up with the final title, which we felt suitable and perfect both for the cover artwork and the album.”
“To Beast Or Not To Beast” track listing:
01. We’re Not Bad For The Kids (We’re Worse)
02. I Luv Ugly
03. The Riff
04. Something Wicked This Way Comes
05. I’m The Best
07. Happy New Fear
08. Schizo Doll
09. Candy For The Cannibal
10. Sincerely With Love
11. SCG6: Otus’ Butcher Clinic
LORDI previously worked with Wagener on 2010′s “Babez For Breakfast”, which sold around 1,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release. The CD landed at position No. 43 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200.
Original story source: Read Here.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.