- ‘Bad Words’ Red-Band Trailer: Jason Bateman’s Directorial Debut
- Doro Pesch Unveils Signature Wines
- Celebrate Whisky A Go Go’s 50th Anniversary
- Ben Whishaw to Play Freddie Mercury in Queen Biopic
- Legacy X Supergroup To Release Debut Album Via Frontiers Records
- House Of Lords To Release ‘Precious Metal’ In February
- Joe Satriani, Paul Gilbert, Andy Timmons, And Mike Keneally To Take Part In ‘G4 Experience’
- Monster Magnet Mainman’s Illness Forces Concert Cancellations
- Rock Confidential’s Top 15 Albums Of 2013
- Metallica Sets World Record By Performing Concerts On All Seven Continents In Under A Year
LISTEN – Eddie Van Halen Featured On Two Songs From LL Cool J’s New Album
Eddie Van Halen is featured on two songs on hip hop legend LL Cool J‘s upcoming album, “Authentic”, due out on April 30.
The guitarist can be heard on the tracks “We’re The Greatest” and “Not Leaving You Tonight”.
A 90-second audio sample of “We’re The Greatest” can be streamed in the YouTube clip below.
“Authentic” is LL‘s 13th studio album and first in five years.
Among other guests appearing on the CD is RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE guitarist Tom Morello, who can be heard on the song “Whaddup”.
Eddie Van Halen famously made a guest appeance on Michael Jackson‘s masterpiece album, “Thriller”. He was a surprise guest on “Beat It”, the LP’s third single. According to CNN, his blazing guitar solo lasted all of 20 seconds and took half an hour to record. He did it for free, as a favor to producer Quincy Jones, while the rest of his VAN HALEN bandmates were out of town.
“I said to myself, ‘Who is going to know that I played on this kid’s record, right? Nobody’s going to find out.’ Wrong!” Eddie recalled in a 2012 interview with CNN. “Big-time wrong. It ended up being Record Of The Year.”
VAN HALEN will close out the annual Rock USA festival, scheduled for July 17 through July 20 in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
Original story source: Read Here.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.