LEGACY X, the new band featuring legendary vocalist Joe Lynn Turner (RAINBOW, DEEP PURPLE, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN) alongside drummer Carmine Appice (VANILLA FUDGE, CACTUS, MOTHER’S ARMY), bassist Tony Franklin (THE FIRM, BLUE MURDER) and guitarist Jeff Watson (NIGHT RANGER, MOTHER’S ARMY), has inked a deal with Frontiers Records. The group’s debut album will be released in the spring.Watson joined LEGACY X as the replacement for Bruce Kulick (KISS, GRAND FUNK RAILROAD), who was unable to commit to the new project due to his heavy touring schedule with GRAND FUNK RAILROAD. The full interview where Turner talks about LEGACY X, RAINBOW, SCHUBERT IN ROCK and SUNSTORM will be available at The Rainbow Fanclan Legacy later this week. Joe Lynn Turner, Carmine Appice and Jeff Watson previously played together in MOTHER’S ARMY, the 1990s hard rock “supergroup” which released three albums before splitting up in 1998. MOTHER’S ARMY‘s full-length CDs — “Mother’s Army” (1993), “Planet Earth” (1997) and “Fire On The Moon” (1998) — were re-released as a special 3CD digipak set, “The Complete Discography”, in May 2011.
- ‘Bad Words’ Red-Band Trailer: Jason Bateman’s Directorial Debut
- Doro Pesch Unveils Signature Wines
- Celebrate Whisky A Go Go’s 50th Anniversary
- Ben Whishaw to Play Freddie Mercury in Queen Biopic
- Legacy X Supergroup To Release Debut Album Via Frontiers Records
- House Of Lords To Release ‘Precious Metal’ In February
- Joe Satriani, Paul Gilbert, Andy Timmons, And Mike Keneally To Take Part In ‘G4 Experience’
- Monster Magnet Mainman’s Illness Forces Concert Cancellations
- Rock Confidential’s Top 15 Albums Of 2013
- Metallica Sets World Record By Performing Concerts On All Seven Continents In Under A Year
Legacy X Supergroup To Release Debut Album Via Frontiers Records
By Blabbermouth on December 10, 2013 |
Original story source: Read Here.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.