- A Photo Tribute To Slayer’s Jeff Hanneman
- Scott Weiland Says Chester Bennington-Fronted Band Is ‘Not Stone Temple Pilots’
- Scott Weiland Sued By Stone Temple Pilots
- Butcher Babies Announce Release Of Debut Album
- David Draiman Says Disturbed Will Return
- Dave Mustaine: Universal Spent More On Photo Shoot Than Roadrunner Did On Any Video
- Alex Skolnick: Jeff Hanneman’s Passing Is ‘A Tragic Reminder’
- Geddy Lee Says Rock Hall Induction ‘Was Quite An Emotional Evening’
- Jerry Cantrell Discusses Making Of ‘The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here’
- VH1 Classic’s ‘That Metal Show’ Returns For 12th Season
Led Zeppelin Among Frontrunners Nominated For London’s ‘Music Walk Of Fame’
According to BBC News, LED ZEPPELIN is among the artists expected to be in the first wave of inductees into the Music Walk Of Fame honoring music greats, each of whom will have a large disc marker on a thoroughfare in the area of North London.
The honorees will be divided into five groups: innovative artists, influential artists, icons, unsung heroes and music industry heavies, and the inductees will be selected from a worldwide pool — not just Brits.
Music Walk Of Fame founder Lee Bennett approached The Hollywood Chamber Of Commerce, which runs the Hollywood Walk Of Fame, to propose the partnership. He promises that each round of inductions will be accompanied by performances, tributes to posthumous artists and reunions of since-disbanded groups.
A committee of global industry figures and local community members are working on shortlist of nominations for the first 30 plaques.
The list will go to a decisive public vote on the Music Walk Of Fame web site in May.
Original story source: Read Here.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.