- ‘Bad Words’ Red-Band Trailer: Jason Bateman’s Directorial Debut
- Doro Pesch Unveils Signature Wines
- Celebrate Whisky A Go Go’s 50th Anniversary
- Ben Whishaw to Play Freddie Mercury in Queen Biopic
- Legacy X Supergroup To Release Debut Album Via Frontiers Records
- House Of Lords To Release ‘Precious Metal’ In February
- Joe Satriani, Paul Gilbert, Andy Timmons, And Mike Keneally To Take Part In ‘G4 Experience’
- Monster Magnet Mainman’s Illness Forces Concert Cancellations
- Rock Confidential’s Top 15 Albums Of 2013
- Metallica Sets World Record By Performing Concerts On All Seven Continents In Under A Year
Former DEICIDE Members To Record New AMON Album
Former DEICIDE members Eric Hoffmann (guitar) and Brian Hoffman (guitar) have resurrected their pre-DEICIDE band AMON with Jesse “Jecheal” Jolly (PROMETHEAN HORDE, DIABOLIC, SUCCESS WILL WRITE APOCALYPSE ACROSS THE SKY, AFTER DEATH) on vocals/bass and and Mike Petrak (LEPROSY, SUCCESS WILL WRITE APOCALYPSE ACROSS THE SKY) on drums. The Florida-based quartet will enter RedRoom Recorders in Tampa on December 10 with producer Mark Prator to begin recording its new album, entitled “Liar In Wait”. The CD will consist of nine songs and will be made available in early 2011 via AMON‘s own record label.
When asked how the musical direction of AMON will be different to that of DEICIDE, Eric Hoffmann told BLABBERMOUTH.NET simply, “The music will speak for itself.”
AMON recorded two demos — 1987′s “Feasting The Beast” and 1989′s “Sacrifical” — before signing with Roadrunner Records and changing its name to DEICIDE. After producing two extremely successful albums as DEICIDE, the band chose to make the AMON demos available on CD in 1993 under the title “Amon: Feasting The Beast”.
The Hoffman brothers parted ways with DEICIDE in 2004 after becoming embroiled in a bitter dispute with DEICIDE bassist/vocalist Glen Benton over royalties and publishing issues.
Original story source: Read Here.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.