According to the Van Halen News Desk, VAN HALEN guitar legend Eddie Van Halen is featured in the January/February 2014 issue of Guitar Aficionado magazine.“I’m not the typical guitar collector in the least,” Eddie is quoted as saying in the article. “I’ve bought a lot of vintage pieces over the years, but I’ve destroyed quite a few of them. “People might think, How could you desecrate the Mona Lisa? but I really don’t care what something looks like. I’m more concerned with a guitar’s functionality, sound, and playability. That’s why I started building my own guitars. Other guitars wouldn’t do what I needed them to do, so I made my own.” For the rest of this story, including 14 pages of photos of Eddie Van Halen‘s gear, purchase a copy of the magazine at VanHalenStore.com. Released in 2012, “A Different Kind Of Truth” was the first new VAN HALEN album in 14 years and the first since 1984 to feature David Lee Roth, the band’s original singer, on lead vocals. The disc debuted at No. 2 on the Billboard album chart, selling 187,000 copies in its first week of release. The group toured through the spring and early part of the summer of 2012 behind the album, but abruptly pulled off the road that June due to “exhaustion.” A severe intestinal disorder later sidelined Eddie Van Halen, restricting the band to only sporadic live shows since.
- ‘Bad Words’ Red-Band Trailer: Jason Bateman’s Directorial Debut
- Doro Pesch Unveils Signature Wines
- Celebrate Whisky A Go Go’s 50th Anniversary
- Ben Whishaw to Play Freddie Mercury in Queen Biopic
- Legacy X Supergroup To Release Debut Album Via Frontiers Records
- House Of Lords To Release ‘Precious Metal’ In February
- Joe Satriani, Paul Gilbert, Andy Timmons, And Mike Keneally To Take Part In ‘G4 Experience’
- Monster Magnet Mainman’s Illness Forces Concert Cancellations
- Rock Confidential’s Top 15 Albums Of 2013
- Metallica Sets World Record By Performing Concerts On All Seven Continents In Under A Year
Eddie Van Halen Featured In Guitar Aficionado Magazine
By Blabbermouth on December 4, 2013 |
Original story source: Read Here.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.