- ‘Bad Words’ Red-Band Trailer: Jason Bateman’s Directorial Debut
- Doro Pesch Unveils Signature Wines
- Celebrate Whisky A Go Go’s 50th Anniversary
- Ben Whishaw to Play Freddie Mercury in Queen Biopic
- Legacy X Supergroup To Release Debut Album Via Frontiers Records
- House Of Lords To Release ‘Precious Metal’ In February
- Joe Satriani, Paul Gilbert, Andy Timmons, And Mike Keneally To Take Part In ‘G4 Experience’
- Monster Magnet Mainman’s Illness Forces Concert Cancellations
- Rock Confidential’s Top 15 Albums Of 2013
- Metallica Sets World Record By Performing Concerts On All Seven Continents In Under A Year
Bassist Eric Avery Quits Nine Inch Nails
Bassist Eric Avery (ex-JANE’S ADDICTION) has left the new touring lineup of Trent Reznor ‘s NINE INCH NAILS.
In a statement, Avery explains: “It’s with very mixed emotions I tell you all that I’m pulling out of NINE INCH NAILS.
“I know. It’s been a tough call and I don’t know if it’s the right one. But I really want to focus on my musical life here in Los Angeles, on film work in particular. As the tour dates kept growing… I just got overwhelmed.
“I just got home from a year of heavy travel with GARBAGE, [and] the idea of leaving town for another year and a half, and with all the intensity that NAILS demands… Fortunately, my friend Trent understands all this and appreciated my pulling the plug now instead of deep into 2013 and 14.
“Go get ‘em, gentlemen.”
Avery reunited with JANE’S ADDICTION for the band’s third go-round in 2008, only with the bassist on board for the first time since the group originally split in 1992. However, Avery left in late 2009 and Duff McKagan (VELVET REVOLVER, GUNS N’ ROSES) stepped in to play a few gigs and work on the band’s new album.
Original story source: Read Here.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.