- Fret12 Releases Three New Guitar Instructional DVDs
- Slipknot Parts Ways With Drummer Joey Jordison
- 2014 Golden Globe Nominations: ’12 Years A Slave’, ‘American Hustle’ & ‘Breaking Bad’
- Led Zeppelin Catalog Now Available On Spotify Streaming Service
- Iron Maiden Bassist’s Bahamas Property Raided By Armed Robbers
- AC/DC’s Brian Johnson: ‘Cars That Rock’ Series To Air In The Spring
- Love/Hate ‘Crucified’ Mini-Album Details Revealed
- ‘Bad Words’ Red-Band Trailer: Jason Bateman’s Directorial Debut
- Doro Pesch Unveils Signature Wines
- Celebrate Whisky A Go Go’s 50th Anniversary
Gene Faces Demons In New Episode Of “Gene Simmons Family Jewels”
Prepare for an emotional overload in the new episode of “Gene Simmons Family Jewels.”
The new episode, airing December 5 on A&E, features Simmons and girlfriend Shannon Tweed on a visit to the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam.
Simmons is led on a tour of Amsterdam by a young Dutch student who is curious to learn more about Simmons’ family history. What Gene thought was going to be a rock star interview for a young fan turns serious when the boy takes them on a tour of the Anne Frank House.
Simmons breaks into an uncontrollable stream of tears at first notice of the photos of Anne Frank, a German-born Jew who infamously hid in an attic in Amsterdam before being discovered by the Nazis in 1945. Frank was 15 when she was shipped off to a Nazi concentration camp, where she later died.
Simmons’ mother, a holocaust survivor, was exactly the same age as Frank when she was also sent to a concentration camp. Seeing the harsh realities of what Frank and her family had to endure takes Simmons on an emotional journey to face a past he seldom discusses.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.