- John Norum, Alice Cooper and Joey Tempest at The Fundraiser in Las Vegas
- Butcher Babies Set For Hellpop, Shiprocked And Sevendust Tour
- Hessler – Coast To Coast Tour – California – December 5, 2013
- Machine Head’s Robb Flynn On Next CD: ‘It Needs To Be A Timeless Album’
- Airbourne – 02 Academy – Newcastle – December 4, 2013
- Doro To Be Joined By Udo Dirkschneider, Hansi Kursch, Mille Petrozza At 30th-Anniversary Shows
- In This Moment – Whore
- ‘Rock Confidential All Access’ Book
- Danko Jones – Legs
- Chris Cornell’s wife Vicky in a bikini
Eddie Van Halen Undergoes Emergency Surgery, Japanese Tour Postponed
Van Halen has released the following statement:
“Eddie Van Halen underwent an emergency surgery for a severe bout of diverticulitis. No further surgeries are needed and a full recovery is expected within four [to] six months.
“Van Halen‘s scheduled November 2012 tour of Japan is currently being rescheduled and the band looks forward to seeing and playing for their fans in 2013.”
According to WebMD, diverticulosis happens when pouches (diverticula) form in the wall of the colon. If these pouches get inflamed or infected, it is called diverticulitis. Diverticulitis can be very painful.
Van Halen recently canceled the 31 North American tour dates it initially postponed in May.
Both singer David Lee Roth and Eddie Van Halen denied rumors that they were fighting again on the road, with fatigue and an over-ambitious schedule given as the reasons for curtailing the group’s live work.
Eddie told Guitar World in a new interview that the band intends to stick around for a while, saying, “It feels more like a band and a family than it ever has . . . We’re all very opinionated about things, but it’s all for the benefit of the music.”
The band has been supporting its new album, “A Different Kind Of Truth”, Van Halen‘s first album in 14 years and first with Roth since 1984.
Original story source: Read Here.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.