- Stone Temple Pilots And Chester Bennington Make Surprise Appearance At KROQ Weenie Roast
- Ace Frehley Faces Foreclosure Conference On Yorktown Home
- Stix Zadinia Says Next Steel Panther Album Will ‘Make You Want To Rock’
- Westboro Baptist Church Says It Will Picket Jeff Hanneman’s Memorial Celebration
- Udo Dirkschneider: ‘I Think I’m More Known For U.D.O. Than For My Work With Accept’
- New Children Of Bodom Album ‘Has More Diversity’ Than Previous Releases
- Rob Halford Says Next Judas Priest Album Will Be ‘A Real Hard And Heavy And Tough Record’
- Jeff Hanneman Memorial Celebration Details Announced
- Rock Confidential Girl Sarah Claxton
- Nicole Neal and India Reynolds shoot well together
My Love For Coffins – Beautiful Pieces Of Art
Coffin, casket, oblong box. Since I can remember, I have always found coffins beautiful – like a piece of art. Used to bury the dead, but still – a piece of art.
I bought my Dracula Coffin at ABC Caskets. ABC Caskets have hundreds of casket to choose from, but I love the Dracula style for my Lizzy Borden Live Horror Burlesque Shows. The cool thing is that Dave Navarro has the same casket but the inside of his coffin is red and I picked black for mine. The smell of the box is yummy and every time I get in my coffin I feel giddy, like a little girl at Disneyland. I keep my coffin in my bedroom at the foot of my bed.
Funny, every time my grandma comes over she still gets spooked out by it! She is amazed I keep it in my room. She thinks I should have nightmares – but I welcome the nightmares. I always get inspired by a good scary nightmare. It helps me get in the mood to write my horror.
What is funnier is when I travel doing my live shows and the looks I get from bringing my Coffin Case to the airport! If you could see all the looks I get from TSA and all the other people. It is just beyond crazy! But back to coffins…
I also have a smaller coffin from Coffin Case that I use to carry my props such as my gold axe, butcher knife, bloody severed arm, a few DVDs and more. Coffin Case’s main use is to hold guitars. Coffin Case is a coffin shaped case for guitars but I use it my way. The Lizzy Borden Horror style way.
I also have little mini coffin collectables around my house. Coffin rugs, towels, drapes, plates, the list goes on and on. I have never been frightened by a coffin or the smell of a funeral parlor. I rather enjoy them.
And while I’m on the subject of ”oblong box”, Edgar Allan Poe has a short story titled “Oblong Box” and Vincent Price starred in a movie The Oblong Box (1969).
Love & Whacks,
Got a news tip or correction?
Send it to us by clicking here.